There has never been a more urgent time for leaders to be skilled at engaging a range of strategies to move teams towards outcomes, while also having the transformative and adaptive skills to attend to the hearts and minds of those they supervise. During this moment of crisis (and opportunity) leaders are also more stretched and challenged than ever, and more in need of just-in-time learning and professional community.
This Leadership Summit brings together administrators, managers, coaches, and leaders from all corners of education and non-profit management, to reflect on all aspects of leadership and to fine-tune those required during this uncertain period of time.
Participants will expand their leadership skills (applicable in a virtual and in-person world) and will learn with and from each other. We will engage in honest reflection of what this moment in time requires of our leadership and how we can translate best practices into virtual spaces. We will explore how to ensure that practices center the humanity of all involved, without diluting meaningful outcomes.
A Leadership Workbook will be provided so participants can keep new learning in one place.
- (Re)Design a leadership approach that honors who they are and what their teams need while remaining responsive to our current reality.
- Learn best practices for how to lead, coach and manage in virtual spaces.
- Plan strategically and meaningfully even in uncertain times.
- Receive thought-partnership and consultancy on how to navigate their unique contexts while balancing their own self-care.
- Stay grounded in a commitment to equity.
- Deep self-reflection
- Small group discussion
- Team diagnoses
- Application of key team development tools
- Leadership consultancy
- Modeling of virtual team meetings and 1-1 staff check-ins
- Recorded video and audio inputs
See below for the full calendar of offerings.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Administrators, managers, teacher leaders, and coaches who lead teams.
DURATION & PROGRAM
June 22-July 30, 2020
Each week starting June 30, you can expect two live sessions per week and reflection activities. The schedule and topics (and dates/times of live sessions) are noted below.
- Week 1 – June 22: Who Am I as a Leader? (Pre-work - Self-paced video lessons)
- Week 2 – June 30 & July 2: Leading in Times of Crisis (Sessions 1:00-2:15pm PT)
- Week 3 – July 7 & 9: Leading, Managing and Coaching in Virtual Spaces Part 1 (1:00-2:15pm PT)
- Week 4 – July 14 & 16: Leading, Managing and Coaching in Virtual Spaces Part 2 (1:00-2:15pm PT)
- Week 5 – July 21 & 23: Planning and Strategizing with Uncertainty (1:00-2:15pm PT)
- Week 6 – July 28 & 30: Healing Sustainability, Resilience and Self-Care (1:00-2:15pm PT)
- One attendee: $595
- To register more attendees or to pay by invoice, please complete this form. If your district or organization requires you to complete a purchase order, please use the form linked above.
- Have a large group? Consider our Organization Membership option
- Refunds requested within 48 hours of registering will be honored minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Up to 1 week beforehand, a one-time registration transfer can be made to an alternate participant or another learning experience. There is a $50 processing fee for all transfers.
- Within one week of the learning experience registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.