DATES AND TIMES
Monday, November 14 and Tuesday, November 15, 2022 (two learning blocks each day)
- Learning Block 1: 1:00pm-3:00pm Eastern // 10:00am-12:00pm Pacific
- Learning Block 2: 4:00pm-6:00pm Eastern // 1:00pm-3:00pm Pacific
This two-day learning experience includes four learning blocks at two hours each, totaling to 8 hours of virtual-live learning. The workshop requires about 60 minutes of pre-work to complete before the virtual engagement.
All virtual-live sessions (except breakouts) will be recorded in the event you cannot make a session or if you would like to rewatch at a later time. Participants have access to content for 30 days after the learning experience.
Leading adults can be challenging work. Leading adults can also be joyful and inspiring—especially when we are able to draw upon the habits that lead to transformative learning. In this two-day workshop, you will learn the foundational habits of Artful Design and Facilitation and what it takes to create adult learning spaces where participants feel seen, cared for, challenged, and excited to learn. Drawing from Elena Aguilar and Lori Cohen's book, The PD Book: 7 Habits that Transform Professional Development, you'll learn about a process to determine the purpose of your sessions, how to design agendas with clear outcomes and principles of adult learning in mind, how to facilitate intentionally, and how to assess learning for impact.
This workshop is right for you if...
- You are newer to leading teams or facilitating adult learning
- You are wondering how to design engaging learning experiences that contribute to transformation
- You are interested in learning the foundational habits and skills for meeting and professional learning spaces
- Design purposeful agendas aligned with principles of adult learning
- Cultivate optimal conditions for learning and growth
- Refine your communication and facilitation skills
- Identify ways to assess the impact of professional learning
- Individual reflection
- A process to determine purpose
- Agenda design and feedback work
- Role play practice
- Small and whole-group interactions
- Action planning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone who designs and facilitates adult learning for schools, districts, or education-adjacent organizations
- Refunds requested within 48 hours of registering will be honored minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Up to 1 week beforehand, a one-time registration transfer can be made to an alternate participant or another learning experience. There is a $50 processing fee for all transfers.
- Within one week of the learning experience registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.