DATES AND TIMES
Three week series - April + May 2021 on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Week 1 (two sessions): April 27th + April 29th from 12 - 1:30 pm Eastern // 9am - 10:30am Pacific Time
Week 2 (two sessions): May 4th + May 6th from 12 - 1:30 pm Eastern // 9am - 10:30am Pacific Time
Week 3 (two sessions): May 11th + May 13th from 12 - 1:30 pm Eastern // 9am - 10:30am Pacific Time
This learning experience takes place over 6 sessions spread across a span of 3 weeks. In total, this workshop is 9 hours of virtual live learning with each session being 1.5 hours long. You can also anticipate engaging in about 1 hour of work on your own between each session.
Times are uncertain, and from day to day, it’s not entirely clear what changes are on the horizon. Most of us are just trying to power through the moment, which won't be able to sustain us long-term. Regardless of what's uncertain, we have control over who we are, how we show up, and how we lead the adults in our organizations—to be proactive rather than reactive, to thrive rather than power through.
In this six-session learning series, you will receive the tools, skills, and dispositions (drawing from Transformational Coaching principles) to create meeting, gathering, and learning spaces that allow you and the adults you serve to thrive beyond our current conditions. You'll apply adult learning theory to intentional meeting design and facilitation, particularly for virtual spaces. You'll learn about the role of trust and vulnerability in creating brave learning spaces—and practice what that looks like. Through reflective activities, you’ll ground yourself in ways of being that nurture community-building. You'll hone your communication skills through expansive listening, thinking, and responding techniques. And you’ll leave with skills, strategies, inspiration, and connection with others in this transformational learning community.
This workshop is right for you if...
- You're interested in supporting yourself and others in doing more than "powering through" these tough times.
- You are a leader who is seeking ways of building and sustaining community.
- You design and facilitate adult learning and are interested in learning more.
- You understand the power of Transformational Coaching, and you are curious to learn how those principles can be applied to team and group gathering spaces.
- You are seeking a professional community of adults engaging around adult learning.
- Design learning structures and agendas aligned with principles of adult learning.
- Develop tools to build intentional community
- Cultivate optimal conditions for learning.
- Hone your leadership and facilitation identity, grounded in your core values.
- Refine your communication skills.
- Develop skills to encourage productive conversation and meaningful workIdentify ways to gather data and reflect on individual and team practices.
- Crafting effective outcomes
- Practicing your communication
- Designing an agenda that aligns with adult learning principles
- Backwards planning from evaluation and outcomes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Team leaders
- Anyone who leads professional learning
- Positional leaders (managers, directors, principals, upper level deans, instructional leaders, etc)
- Refunds requested within 48 hours of registering will be honored minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Up to 1 week beforehand, a one-time registration transfer can be made to an alternate participant or another learning experience. There is a $50 processing fee for all transfers.
- Within one week of the learning experience registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.