DATES AND TIMESDecember 2022 (three-week series, Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Week 1: December 5 and December 7, 2022
- Week 2: December 12 and December 14, 2022
- Week 3: December 19 and December 21, 2022
12:00pm-2:00pm Eastern // 9:00am-11:00am Pacific
This 3-week learning experience includes six learning blocks at two hours each, totaling to 12 hours of virtual-live learning. Each session requires an hour or less of pre-work before the virtual engagement.
All virtual-live sessions (except breakouts) will be recorded in the event you cannot make a session or if you would like to rewatch at a later time. Participants have access to content for 30 days after the learning experience.
COURSE PRE-REQUISITE & MATERIALS
If you are newer to leading PD, we encourage you to participate in Artful Design and Facilitation 101 though not a requirement.
- Participants must have their own copies of The PD Book: 7 Habits That Transform Professional Development.
- The book is NOT included in the course pricing. Participants must acquire the book on their own before the start of the course.
In this six-session learning series, you will receive the tools, skills, and dispositions to create meeting, gathering, and learning spaces that allow you and the adults you serve to thrive beyond our current conditions. Drawing from Elena Aguilar and Lori Cohen's book, The PD Book: 7 Habits that Transform Professional Development, participants will explore the advanced skills of designing and leading adult learning.
You’ll apply adult learning theory to intentional meeting design and facilitation, learn about how to engage emotions and navigate power, consider the crucial elements of intentional design and the details that make learning matter, and practice adaptive facilitation when unforeseen circumstances arise. Through reflective activities, individual practice, and group connection and processing, you'll leave this series with skills, strategies, inspiration, and connection with others in a transformational learning community.
This masterclass is right for you if any of the following describe you:
- You are interested in supporting yourself and others in doing more than “powering through” the learning and meetings you lead
- You are a leader who is seeking ways of building and sustaining community through intentional design
- You want to level up in your design and facilitation
- You want to shift the paradigm about what's possible in professional development
- You are seeking a professional community of adults engaging around adult learning
- Generate purposeful meeting outcomes and engaging activities rooted in the principles of adult learning
- Connect in community and explore what it means to explore emotions and navigate power, individually and collectively
- Create conditions for transformative learning through intentional design and attending to the details
- Reflect on who we are as facilitators and what it means to facilitate adaptively
- Develop tools for assessing the impact of professional learning to create better outcomes for students
- Individual reflection
- Small group discussions and collaboration
- Role play practice and scenario analysis
- Crafting an agenda that aligns with adult learning principles
- Protocols to build connection and receive feedback on problems of practice
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Team leaders
- Anyone who leads professional learning
Positional leaders (assistant principals, upper level deans, instructional leaders, and managers)
- Refunds requested within 48 hours of registering will be honored minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Up to 1 week beforehand, a one-time registration transfer can be made to an alternate participant or another learning experience. There is a $50 processing fee for all transfers.
- Within one week of the learning experience registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.