Registration is closed.
DATES AND TIMES
August 2022 (six-session series, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
2:00pm-4:00pm Eastern // 11:00am-1:00pm Pacific
- Week 1: August 9 & 11
- Week 2: August 16 & 18
- Week 3: August 23 & 25
This learning experience takes place over 6 sessions spread across a span of 3 weeks. This course requires about 1-3 hours of pre-work for each session.
All virtual-live sessions (except breakouts) will be recorded in the event you cannot make a session or if you would like to rewatch at a later time. Participants have access to content for 30 days after the learning experience.
COURSE PRE-REQUISITES AND MATERIALS
- We highly recommend that you first participate in The Art of Coaching 101, Coaching for Equity 101, or another one of our learning experiences.
- Participants must have their own copy of Coaching for Equity and The Art of Coaching Workbook.
- The books are NOT included in the course pricing. Participants must acquire the books on their own before the start of the course.
Whether your school team is just beginning to think about equity or has been doing this work for years, building successful schools requires effectively coaching for equity. In this workshop, participants will learn how to create a more just, equitable school system using the tools of transformational coaching from Elena Aguilar's book, Coaching for Equity (2020). In this book, Elena offers an expanded framework for how to have coaching conversations that result in behavior change and includes a comprehensive set of new tools.
This workshop provides participants with structures within which to practice these conversations and more deeply understand how to use these new tools. You’ll also grapple with the relationship between your own identity and the systems of oppression that permeate our schools, develop a vision for what equity would look like in your work, hone the skills to facilitate compassionate coaching conversations about identity, and strengthen your resolve to disrupt inequities in your communities. This workshop is a satisfying balance between building skill and knowledge and also attending to our need to build internal reserves and resilience when leading for equity.
- Ground in the identities and beliefs with which they lead
- Learn new strategies to compassionately interrupt inequities
- Identify ways to explore and shift beliefs in a coaching conversation
- Deepen their will and commitment to interrupt inequities and build their resilience to do so
- Exploring one's own identity
- Building context about systems of oppression
- Learning strategies for navigating conversations about identity and beliefs
- Considering the use of data in coaching conversations
- Analyzing the elements of effective coaching conversations
- Practicing coaching conversations for equity
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Teachers, coaches, and administrators who want to improve their ability to have effective conversations about equity
- Refunds requested within 48 hours of registering will be honored minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Up to 1 week beforehand, a one-time registration transfer can be made to an alternate participant or another learning experience. There is a $50 processing fee for all transfers.
- Within one week of the learning experience registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.