DATES AND TIMES
November 2022 (two-week series, Tuesday-Thursdays)
- Week 1: November 8, 9, 10, 2022
Week 2: November 15, 16, 17, 2022
11:00am - 1:00pm Eastern Time // 8:00am - 10:00am Pacific Time
This learning experience takes place over 6 sessions spread across a span of 2 weeks. This course requires pre-work for each session.
All virtual-live sessions (except breakouts) will be recorded in the event you cannot make a session or if you would like to rewatch at a later time. Participants have access to content for 30 days after the learning experience.
- Individual: $750
COURSE PRE-REQUISITES AND MATERIALS
- We highly recommend that you first participate in The Art of Coaching 101, Coaching for Equity 101, or another one of our learning experiences.
- Participants must have their own copy of Coaching for Equity and The Art of Coaching Workbook.
- The books are NOT included in the course pricing.
- Participants must acquire the books on their own before the start of the course. Affiliate links are included above.
Whether your school team is just beginning to think about equity or has been doing this work for years, building successful schools requires effectively coaching for equity. In this workshop, participants will learn how to create a more just, equitable school system using the tools of transformational coaching from Elena Aguilar's best-selling books The Art of Coaching (2013) and Coaching for Equity (2020). In Coaching for Equity, Elena offers an expanded framework for how to have coaching conversations that result in behavior change and includes a comprehensive set of new tools.
This workshop provides participants with structures within which to practice these conversations and more deeply understand how to use these new tools. You’ll also grapple with the relationship between your own identity and the systems of oppression that permeate our schools, develop a vision for what equity would look like in your work, hone the skills to facilitate compassionate coaching conversations about identity, and strengthen your resolve to disrupt inequities in your communities. This workshop is a satisfying balance between building skill and knowledge and also attending to our need to build internal reserves and resilience when leading for equity.
- Ground in the identities and beliefs with which they lead
- Learn new strategies to compassionately interrupt inequities
- Identify ways to explore and shift beliefs in a coaching conversation
- Deepen their will and commitment to interrupt inequities and build their resilience to do so
- Exploring one's own identity
- Building context about systems of oppression
- Learning strategies for navigating conversations about identity and beliefs
- Considering the use of data in coaching conversations
- Analyzing the elements of effective coaching conversations
- Practicing coaching conversations for equity
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Teachers, coaches, and administrators who want to improve their ability to have effective conversations about equity
10 or more days prior to the event – Full refund
Less than 10 days prior to the event – No refund
A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferable. For more details about our cancellation policy and transfers, visit our FAQ page.
In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.
1. Choose the payment method that works for you: credit card or invoice/P.O.
2. If registering by credit card, check your inbox for a course access email and receipt.
3. If registering a group, please use the Group Registration/Pay By Invoice form. Our team will follow up in 2-3 business days.