DATES AND TIMES
One week Intensive learning series: August 9-13, 2021 | Monday through Friday
Two learning blocks each day:
- 11:00am-1:00pm Eastern (which is 8:00am-10:00am Pacific)
- 2:00pm-4:00pm Eastern (which is 11:00am-1:00pm Pacific)
This learning experience takes place over the course of one week with two learning blocks each day. In total, this week-long intensive is 20 hours of virtual live learning (4 hours of rigorous learning each day).
COURSE PRE-REQUISITES AND MATERIALS
- We highly recommend that you first participate in the Art of Coaching 101 or Taste of Transformational Coaching workshop.
- Participants must have their own copy of Coaching For Equity.
- The book is NOT included in the course pricing. Participants must acquire the book on their own before the start of the course.
Our expectation is that you come into this course having already read Coaching For Equity. The intention here is so that participants enter the Equity Leadership Intensive with the foundations of our Transformational Coaching model and shared language to engage in the rigorous conversations and reflections we’ve designed for this course.
Positional leaders can coach for equity and they can also lead for equity by instituting policies and enacting new practices. This Intensive dives into high leverage entry points for creating equitable schools, classrooms, and organizations including classroom and staff culture, addressing team dynamics, and sustaining and retaining teachers of color. Participants receive new tools and resources and hone their leadership skills so that every child in their school can thrive. Be prepared for a rigorous examination of yourself, your teams, your organizations, and the broader culture and systems in which we live.
- Conduct an equity audit of their schools to identify areas of strength and areas for growth
- Evaluate their teams for indicators of white supremacy culture
- Conduct classroom observations with an equity lens
- Address and explore strong emotions that arise in equity work
- Hone and refine their identity as antiracist leaders
- Create an "Equity Plan" for their schools
- Discussion of Coaching for Equity
- Presentation of new resources, tools and content
- Individual reflection
- Breakout discussion groups
- Small group practice and application of the strategies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Principals, assistant principals, other site and organizational leaders
- Teacher leaders
- Refunds requested within 48 hours of registering will be honored minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Up to 1 week beforehand, a one-time registration transfer can be made to an alternate participant or another learning experience. There is a $50 processing fee for all transfers.
- Within one week of the learning experience registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.