The Onward Book Club offers a year of monthly book club discussions for individuals and groups, facilitated by Bright Morning Senior Associate, Lori Cohen and monthly special guests.
Based on the 12-month curriculum in the book Onward and The Onward Workbook, the book club will provide strategies and practices to help you deepen your resilience.
With practical, informative, inspirational and relevant activities and guidance, Onward is grounded in science, social science, and psychology, and peppered with Elena’s personal narratives, this book will undoubtedly change the way we think about emotions, stress, and our purpose as educators.
The book focuses on the 12 habits that cultivate resilience, and their correlating dispositions, and provides a roadmap for how to feel more effective, more fulfilled, and happier at work.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone seeking to deepen their resilience, groups that are interested in using Onward as a text in their school or community, or anyone familiar with Onward who wants to go deeper into the text.
Duration and Schedule:
- Program starts June 24, 2020
- Discussions are held at 3:00pm Eastern Time (12:00pm Pacific Time)
- Dates for Discussions:
- June 24
- July 15
- August 19
- September 16
- October 14
- November 18
- December 16
- January 20
- February 17
- March 17
- April 14
- May 19
- Monthly virtual live Zoom meetings
- Discussion board to connect with other participants between sessions
- Monthly installments of $10 (for a total of $120 for the year)
- Receive a $20 discount if you pay for the year in one installment (for a total of $100)
- Have a large group? Consider our Organization Membership option
- To register more attendees or to pay by invoice, click here
Participants may join the book club at any time as each month's discussion will be recorded and access made available until July 30, 2021