DATES AND TIMES
Wednesday, February 9 and Thursday, February 10, 2022
This learning experience includes 3-5 hours of pre-work before the two-day virtual live engagement. Each day has 2 learning blocks with an hour break in between.
All virtual-live sessions (except breakouts) will be recorded in the event you cannot make a session or if you would like to rewatch at a later time. Participants have access to content for 30 days after the learning experience to help supplement learning.
Do you coach teachers who cry a lot or are often overwhelmed? Or teachers who often experience strong emotions like frustration or fear and don't know how to navigate them? Perhaps you are a coach or a school leader who really wants to focus on instruction and curriculum and feels like emotions get in the way of doing so. Or perhaps you are a coach or leader who recognizes the value and wisdom of emotions, but you're not sure how to talk about them in a school setting.
When it comes to emotions at work, people usually fall into one of two camps: they suppress them or are overtaken by them. Both responses to emotions can lead to toxic cultures and fail to create environments where everyone is able to show up, be seen, and thrive.
There's a better way to respond to emotions. And in two days we can teach you how.
This workshop will guide you in using a simple three-part framework to coach someone in understanding their emotions, processing them, and moving through them. You don't need to be a therapist or have an extensive tool set to coach around emotions, and this workshop will show you how to do that. In addition, you'll quickly see how coaching emotions can clear space for an educator to explore their practices and look at equity issues that might need attention.
This workshop is designed and facilitated exclusively by Elena Aguilar.
- Learn to use a simple framework to navigate complex coaching conversations
- Understand how to help a client explore their emotions and move through them
- Appreciate what can be learned from coaching emotions
- Learn how coaching emotions can accelerate an educator's growth
- Feel confident in their ability to coach emotions
- Small group discussions
- Mini-practice experiences
- Direct instruction
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Coaches, mentors, site leaders, teacher leaders, and organizational leaders
- Anyone who wants to use coaching strategies to help another person grow, and who recognizes that coaching emotions requires additional skills and knowledge.
- Refunds requested within 48 hours of registering will be honored minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Up to 1 week beforehand, a one-time registration transfer can be made to an alternate participant or another learning experience. There is a $50 processing fee for all transfers.
- Within one week of the learning experience registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.