DATE AND TIME
Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Learning Block 1: 11:30am - 1:30pm Eastern // 8:30am - 10:30am Pacific
- Learning Block 2: 2:00pm - 4:00pm Eastern // 11:00am - 1:00pm Pacific
This course is a blended learning experience. There are approximately 7-9 hours of self-paced modules and pre-work to be completed before the live session begins. The live session is a total of 4 hours long with a 30 minute break between two learning blocks.
The virtual-live session (except breakouts) will be recorded. Participants have access to content for 30 days after the learning experience to help supplement learning.
- The book is NOT included in the course pricing. Participants must acquire the book on their own before the start of the course.
Many successful individuals find themselves in leadership roles without substantive training on leading teams. Based on Elena's best-selling book, The Art of Coaching Teams, this blended learning experience provides a framework and tools to lead an engaged, high-functioning team. Participants will learn to lead and facilitate teams with an understanding of adult learning theory, execute the administrative tasks that will keep their team thriving, cultivate their team's emotional resilience to combat cynicism, and keep their team centered on their shared vision and purpose.
This is a practical, hands-on workshop that blends technical skills with more complex theories that are vital for a thriving, resilient team. Participants will see these strategies modeled, have time to reflect on their own practice, and be given an opportunity to process the skills they're learning in a live format. Anyone who leads a team will benefit from this workshop, and will leave more confident in their ability to guide their team to new heights. Learners will feel like they are able to effectively lead teams through understanding the power of purpose in teamwork and leadership; they will feel grounded in the practical tools that help them to build inclusive, emotionally intelligent teams who get incredible work done—so they can transform their organizations. They will recognize the importance of how to balance self work and team work, so they can be courageous and resilient with any challenge they face.
- Understand and explore the characteristics of great teams and what makes a team effective
- Operate with the commitment and skills to foster a trusting, inclusive team culture
- Identify a process and develop steps to ensure your team has a clear, shared purpose
- Refine your listening skills
- Build your emotional intelligence and practice ways to build the emotional intelligence of your team
- Increase your capacity to plan purposeful meetings
- Hone your ability to reframe and respond to resistance
- Reflecting on your purpose and the purpose of your team.
- Designing an agenda that aligns with principles of adult learning
- Creating your own trust building plan
- Observing and role playing multiple options for responding to resistant behavior
- Grounding yourself in your leadership strengths and clarify your purpose and hopes for your team
- Improving your ability to listen deeply and listen for new understanding
- Reflecting on and planning for building a more inclusive team
- Engaging in a protocol to apply new learning to give and receive support with a teams-related dilemma
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone who facilitates a team—whether you hold a formal position of authority or you manage a body of work through lateral leadership
- Build the foundation: Engage in The Art of Coaching Teams: Essential Tools for Leaders and Teams online course on your own time. This will take about 6-8 hours and can be done over multiple sittings.
- Prepare for the live experience: Complete self-paced pre-work before your virtual live session.
- Practice and application of your learning: Come together with a small group and a Bright Morning facilitator to debrief your learning, practice implementing your learning, and receive feedback to sharpen your practice. This is a 4-hour virtual live experience.