Registration is closed.
DATE AND TIMETuesday, August 30, 2022
- 11:00am - 1:00pm Eastern // 8:00am - 10:00am Pacific
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm Eastern // 10:30am - 12:30pm Pacific
This learning experience takes place over the course of two 2-hour learning blocks with a short brain break in between. The virtual-live session (except breakouts) will be recorded in the event you cannot make a session or if you would like to rewatch at a later time. Participants have access to content for 30 days after the learning experience to help supplement learning.
- Individual: $350
COURSE MATERIALS & PREREQUISITES
- There are no required course materials.
- Participants in this learning experience must have attended one of our foundational learning experiences: The Art of Coaching 101 or Taste of Transformational Coaching.
- If you are not able to complete a full prerequisite workshop in advance, completing the self-paced portion of The Art of Coaching 101 workshop (8-11 hours of online course modules) will meet this requirement.
For years, you’ve asked, “I’m a principal/manager/director/etc. How can I be a coach? The lines are blurry!” And we're ready to answer and guide you through the complicated waters of straddling the roles of supervisor and coach, and of using coaching strategies to transform your organizations. Space is limited, so don’t wait to sign up.
You are not “a coach,” but you want to learn how to integrate coaching strategies into your leadership toolkit. You know there are times when you need to be “the boss,” and you know there are times when it would be helpful to take a coaching stance. But you’re not sure how to determine when those times are, or what exactly “taking a coaching stance” would look like in action. This workshop will help you explore the distinction between the roles you need to play, even when your official title is boss (or supervisor, principal, manager, etc.), if you want to maximize opportunities to guide someone’s reflection and growth. You’ll practice using a few core coaching strategies that will allow you to see immediate impact in your ability to connect with those you directly supervise, develop their abilities, and be the leader you want to be.
- Understand the different hats they wear as leaders and the purposes and requirements for wearing each of those hats
- Recognize the opportunities in putting on a coaching hat, and the power in using Transformational Coaching strategies
- Observe the impact and potential for change from using Transformational Coaching strategies
- Practice using three Transformational Coaching strategies
- Observing a coaching conversation in which Transformational Coaching strategies are used
- Small group discussions
- Role play practice
- Question and answer
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone who holds a supervisor role: principals, assistant principals, managers, superintendents, CEOs, etc.
- Refunds requested within 48 hours of registering will be honored minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Up to 1 week beforehand, a one-time registration transfer can be made to an alternate participant or another learning experience. There is a $50 processing fee for all transfers.
- Within one week of the learning experience registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.