DATES AND TIMES
This learning experience takes place on the first Tuesday of each month, beginning June 2022 and running through May 2023. Each session is 60 minutes long.
- Your one-time investment includes access to all materials and session recordings from June 2022 to May 2023.
Participants may join the book club at any time as each month’s discussion will be recorded and access made available through the duration of the learning experience.
- Participants must have their own copy of Onward.
- The book is NOT included in the course pricing. Participants must acquire the book on their own before the start of the course.
- We also highly recommend having your own copy of The Onward Workbook, though it is not strictly required.
The Onward Book Club offers a year of monthly book club discussions for individuals and groups to grow your resilience in a supportive community.
With practical, informative, inspirational, and relevant activities and guidance, Onward is grounded in science, social science, and psychology. Peppered with Elena’s personal narratives, this book will undoubtedly change the way we think about emotions, stress, and our purpose as educators.
The book focuses on the 12 habits that cultivate resilience and their correlating dispositions and provides a roadmap for how to feel more effective, more fulfilled, and happier at work.
Book club participants will:
- Connect in community with people from all over the world
- Identify powerful passages from the readings and integrate passages into your practice
- Develop tools to cultivate your resilience from the 12 habits and dispositions
- Small and whole group discussions
- Guided practice
- Exercises from The Onward Workbook (Please note that this is NOT a required text, but we highly recommend owning your own copy!)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone seeking to deepen their resilience
- Anyone who is reading Onward
- Groups interested in using Onward as a text in their school or community
- Anyone familiar with Onward who wants to go deeper into the text
- Refunds requested within 48 hours of registering will be honored minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Up to 1 week beforehand, a one-time registration transfer can be made to an alternate participant or another learning experience. There is a $50 processing fee for all transfers.
- Within one week of the learning experience registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A missed learning experience is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- In the rare event that Bright Morning does not receive enough interest in this offering to host it as scheduled, we will provide an alternate learning pathway for all registrants or honor refunds for those who cannot join the alternate experience.